Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Today Ava Made Me Laugh

The morning was moving along quickly while you slept. As the clock ticked closer and closer to 7:30 I decided it was best if I ducked out for work now rather than you wake up and I leave five minutes later. I feared a lengthy early morning fit and I didn't want to leave mom to deal with that so early. 

Before heading over to my workstation I touched base with my boss and in conversation told him about this morning. He in turn shared a story about one Hall of Fame time when his kids were younger that he didn't see them for 11 days. He was out the door before they woke up and back home after they were in bed. Luckily you're a night owl.

We laughed it off, but on the inside I told myself "I don't want that." 

I made my way over to my office to face the day, hoping that it would be shorter than yesterday. 

My hopes were dashed as the clock yet again fell over into my twelfth hour. 

Even though I left the house before you were up and back home in time to put you to bed you did provide me with two good laughs today. 

Potty training is progressing and to the victor goes the spoils. We've showered you with praise, star stickers on your potty chart and even chocolate. All of which you couldn't care less about but still continue to go (at times even without pressure from us). 

This morning you - the victor - brought mom your spoils - a full potty.

 "Mommy, look at pee!" 

I'm sure that's exactly what she wanted to do, but I got a legit laugh out of it when I saw the text message come through. 

A little while later another message came through and it was even better than the first. 

There's really no description needed. 



This picture is worth way more than a thousand words! I mean who doesn't watch their cartoons topless, in a winter hat while wearing gardening gloves ... in July????

There's never a dull moment with your free spirit. 

Poor mom had to deal with the craziness all by herself today but I was able to break out of the office and spend some time with you two at mom's checkup. 

For the first time you were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. 


When asked today if you were having a baby brother or baby sister you responded "baby brudder." 

We'll know in a few weeks if you're correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment