Sunday, July 6, 2014

Today Ava Went For a Walk

First things first. I got you down for a nap today. By myself! 

Mom had an open house this afternoon so it was you and I for a few hours. You were watching Mickey on the iPad when I peered up at the clock and it was coming into the 1 O'clock hour. I figured the time was now for a nap and snatched the device from your grip. 

I expected a temper but knew you were tired when the fight was minimal. 

We made our way back to the bedroom to lay down when you asked for "Mickey on TV?" to which I responded "one episode, kapeesh?"  

We shook on it and laid down. 

A few minutes in and I heard what I thought were little snores. I ever-so-gently lifted my head to look and sure enough you were out cold. 


As you would say "I did it!" Of course I had to relay the good news to mom. 

You slept for an hour and a half and awoke just in time to see mom come in the door.

Your wake up process is slow so we let you go for a few minutes before completing our Sunday chores and getting groceries. 

Of which you were graciously willing to help bag. 


Earlier in the day we promised you that we'd get outside and go for a walk.

Tapping on the horn to let the world know you were coming, we crossed the street and headed out into the neighborhood.


This walk wasn't any different from the others - we covered maybe two miles - but it was your enthusiasm that I'll remember the most. 

Your little personality shows itself more and more each day. You were totally content playing in the basement by yourself (under a watchful eye of course) while mom and I unloaded the groceries and showing us your lego towers. 

But during this walk, mom and I got a kick out of how you would hunch over the steering wheel - looking like you were practicing for the Soap Box Derby. 


And the sunglasses! Those sunglasses just kill me everytime. 

Or thrusting your arms in the air as if on a roller coaster at Cedar Point. 


 Much to your chagrin we pulled into the driveway and put the car away. 

It's impossible to deny you when you use that cute little voice and ask to play with your sidewalk chalk.
 

So, we enjoyed the cool weather for a few more minutes and drew smileys and checked out the day lilies growing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment