Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Today Ava Stacked Pillows


Stacking things. Maybe it's just a phase, or what toddlers your age do? I guess we'll find out when baby brother or sister is your age and we see if he/she likes to stack things like you do. 

Tonight it was pillows. Somehow one of my pillows ended up in the living room and mom said you just happened to wander to the bedroom and come back with it. 

It was my pillow with the blue pillow case. Why do I mention this? Because the last few nights you've taken a liking to my blue pillow and wanted to lay your head on it when you fall asleep. 

As we all relaxed in the living room I looked down to see you lining up the blue pillow with all of the couch pillows to form what resembled a hopscotch game. 

And, like hopscotch, you jumped from pillow to pillow. 

I sat down on the floor to watch and one-by-one you grabbed the pillows and set them up at my back, using me to balance them. At the edge of the pillows you dragged over an empty laundry basket that was upside down. 

Was this your launching pad? 


I turned around and tried my best to help you balance the pillows. It wasn't an easy task. 

You get frustrated when you want to do something and it doesn't work out how you feel it should. The pillows kept falling over if they weren't balanced properly and you began to whine. So, I held them up and sure enough, as soon a the last one was stacked you'd knock them over. 

Not long after you stood on the laundry basket and began to leap into the stacked pillows. 


I also want to share a video mom sent me from earlier this morning. There's no denying you're love of the cartoon "Little Einsteins" on Disney Junior. 

You've pretty much nailed the theme song. 

Watch: 


No comments:

Post a Comment