Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Today Ava Fell Asleep Waiting For Me

"You better hurry home" was the message accompanying the photo below.


It was getting late and I was into my 15th hour at work today. Out the door before you woke up and home after you fell asleep. 


My boss' prophecy is coming true ... day 1.

I know it's only a week, but geeze does it suck. 

It can't be easy to be a "single mom" this week and I wish I was there to help. And of course to see you two and play and parent. 

I'll assume those duties at 5:00 p.m. on Monday. 

A few minutes later I got this:


I missed our bonding time for the second day in a row and you're fading fast. 

Pretty soon it was ... 


... lights out. 

Rest assured that when I got home I scooped you up from mom and sat with you for a little while before heading to bed. 

Somehow, you knew I had you because as I put you in your crib you awoke for a moment and outstretched your arms and said "daddy."  

That made me feel good. 

So, I brought you to our room to lay down again until you were good and out. 

You were never fully awake, but I enjoyed the few minutes we had together tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment