Sunday, July 27, 2014

Today Ava Tasted Competition For the First Time

And you wanted nothing to do with it.

Yesterday, I signed you up for the Kids Fun Run which is part of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's annual Enshrinement Festival.

It's an experience for kids 6 and under that are too young to participate in the 2- and 5-mile races that take place right after the Fun Run.

Mom and I both thought you'd enjoy getting out there and running with other toddlers your age.

Wrong.


Spot the grumpy kid in the photo above.

You hid behind your Spider Man glasses and wouldn't go near anyone.

I handed you off to mom so I could film the event for work and hopefully get footage of your excitement. 

Mom was trying to get my attention from the starting line and as clueless as I can be sometimes I thought she was waving and trying to get you to see me and wave as well. 

It wasn't until afterwards that she told me you kept calling for me and wanted me. 

My bad, mom. 

She told me that when she tried to set you down as the race started you st on your butt on the pavement, only to get up when you saw the other kids start to run. 

Even then mom had to practically drag you down the course. 


At the end of the race, all children received a little medal attached to a yellow ribbon. Again, you wanted no part of this. If we tried to hand it to you or put it around your neck, it was as if the world was ending. 

This was just your first taste of competition, I'm sure your attitude will change once sibling rivalry sets in or your a little bit older.

Hopefully in some small way you had fun today.

I was just happy that I got to spend a little time with you and mom this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment