Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Today Ava Climbed the Bleachers

When you commit to something, there's no stopping you. 

Mom was only playing two quarters of JV ball tonight so we rushed down to Strasburg once I was able to force you into your jacket. 

I can't wait for warmer weather and no coats ...

Anyway, you weren't interested in watching the game so out to the cafeteria we went. After six quarters of pointing out the colors of the floor tiles and playing with the other young kids at the school, we went back into the gym. 

You walked in and took an immediate left and climbed to the top of the bleachers. When you got to the top you looked back at me with a look of total pride and accomplishment. 

Thinking you'd want to run around on the court, I walked you back down the steps. Once free from my grip you scrambled back to the top with me in tow making sure you didn't fall backwards. Then, you wanted my hands so you could walk down the steps like a big girl. 

I can't even begin to tell you how many times we went up and down those stairs. Had to be close to a dozen. 

Soon mom and Jessie emerged from the locker room and I was forgotten as we made our way from the bleachers to the court.

I don't catch much of the games but one of my fondest memories is watching you run across the court to give your mom a big hug after the games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment