Saturday, January 25, 2014

Today Ava Sat with Aunt Izzy

Earlier in the week we accepted an invite from my dad's cousin, Diane, to join other family for a get together/game night at her house.

Due to inclement weather I called to make sure the party was still on and although there were a few cancellations, Diane assured me we could still come visit. 

In the end, I'm glad we did. 

Your energy stole the show tonight and you kept everyone entertained by tossing your new owl into the air and giving everyone knuckles. You also made a new friend in Sherri, Diane's niece. Whenever she got up, you followed.

I was very excited to see Aunt Izzy at the party. She turned 89 years young on Wednesday as is the last remaining of my Grandfathers brothers and sisters. She's still sharp as a tack and is hopefully around for many more years to come. She's a very sweet lady and I hope you are ablle to get to know her and remember her. 


All night I was waiting for an opportunity to get a photo of you and Aunt Izzy together and my chance came as everyone was beginning to gather around tables to play games. Aunt Izzy was sitting on the couch by herself so I took you over to her for a photo. 

Sensing that you were getting tired we already changed you into your PJs. We were right about being tired because you wouldn't sit still. It took some bribing from mom but I was able to get a shot or two. 


No comments:

Post a Comment