Thursday, January 9, 2014

Today Ava Learned Her 1-2-3s

I'm so proud of you!  The work your mom is doing with you is paying off in huge dividends. 

Tonight marked another cut down for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's selection Process which means a late night at work for me. 

A new TV deal with NFL Network now puts the selection process in prime time. It's great exposure for the Hall of Fame, but means another day away from my family. 

A lunch hour test drive of the new booster seat.
It was sometime around 11:00 p.m. when I got home tonight. You and mom were fast asleep in our room which makes me glad I had the foresight to text mom and ask her to reserve me a spot again! 

After placing you in your crib mom and I began chatting about the day, sharing stories and pics on our phones. One thing that really caught my attention was when she told me how you can now count to three. Say that again? She's only 17 months old. I heard her correctly. You know 1, 2, and 3!


There's a set of magnetic numbers on the fridge that you play with and move around a lot. Mom told me that tonight you were messing as usual so she joined you in the kitchen and began to ask you the numbers. She got you started with one and asked what comes next "two" is what you told her and pointed the correct number. You've also got "three" down and recognize the proper number. 

To show that this isn't a fluke and you really get this, she said you were later playing with your blocks and brought one to her while repeating "two" over and over. A little confused at first she looked down and saw the block you were holding had the number two printed on it. 

I can handle elementary school, but I think once you hit middle school mom is going to be the one helping with your homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment