Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Today Ava Sang To Us

What I thought was a little whisper turned out to be song. 

You've enjoyed music from day one. We have a radio in your nursery and have nightly dance parties. You can't get enough of the music at Church, especially the Christmas music. When we drive, your head is always bobbing up and down to the beat. 

By the time you read this, how many recitals will i have attended? Bring 'em on!

So back to the story ... 

I came home for lunch this afternoon like I always do when you're home from the sitter. And by the way ... the excitement you show while waiting for me at the top of the steps never gets old! 

Mom had begun getting lunch ready before I got home so I picked you up and we helped with what we could. Suddenly I heard the sweetest little coming from the darling in my arms. 

We've been working on whispering for the past few days and initially I chalked it up to a light talk. As I listened it became obvious this was more than a whisper. 

You were singing! 

You're lyrics we'll never know but the tune was pure gold. 

Of course, as soon as I tried to capture the moment you stopped. But, here's what I have: 


No comments:

Post a Comment