Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Today Ava Had Dinner With Grandpa

On Sunday we made plans with Grandpa Waechter for him to come over and have dinner with us. 

With chilli on the menu I came home for lunch and browned the beef and sausage and mixed my ingredients together in the crock pot. 

Out of my own curiosity I gave you a piece of sausage to gauge your interest. You ate it and asked for "mo." 

I considered the experiment a success and added some ground beef to the sausage I set aside for you. 

You ate a good portion of ground beef and pork sausage for lunch before deciding you needed to blow your nose. 

Why would I mention that? Watch: 



After your nasal passages were cleared and the entire box of tissues soiled, I made my way back to work and waited to pick you up this evening. 

Mom had a team meeting at the office so i met her at Keller Williams and we swapped vehicles. Passed out in the backseat you were oblivious to the hand off. 

As soon as we pulled in the garage Grandpa's truck came up the driveway. 

I did my best to keep you sleeping as I took you out of the car but it didn't work. You woke up and it was obvious to us that you weren't happy about it. 

For the first ten minutes or so you were clingy to me, which is normal when you wake up early before you're ready. 

After that you became almost inconsolable. Still thinking you were unhappy with being awake I did my best to calm you down. I decided to see if you needed changed and you did and found the source of your discomfort. 

You must be teething again. That's all you need to know. I'll spare you the embarrassment of the details here.

Not surprisingly what calmed you down was your Minnie Mouse puzzle game on the iPad. You sat with Grandpa and showed him the finer points of putting a digital puzzle together. 


Once we deemed you calm enough, we went to the table for dinner. You sat on Grandpa's lap and ate more sausage and ground beef and some shredded cheddar cheese as we enjoyed the chilli. 

After dinner we made our way downstairs to play. You showed Grandpa your quad, how to dunk a basketball and enjoyed catching your balloon as we punched it into the air for you. 

After a little while mom came home and we all sat and chatted for a while before you took off down the hall to the "room." Our bedroom ... to go lay down. 

It was grandpa's bedtime as well and after a squeeeze and kiss goodbye you were of to bed and se was he. 

I'm looking forward to summer so we can hang out with Grandpa outside and throw the ball among other things like he used to do with us when your uncles and I were little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment