Monday, January 6, 2014

Today Ava Resembled Her Parents

"Oh my gosh ... she looks just like you in that photo with your dad drinking coffee!" Mom said as we were sitting in the basement this evening.

Before the moment was lost she grabbed her phone and snapped a pic.

In the photo she's talking about I was roughly your age and sitting on a couch with my dad, sippy cup in hand while he had a mug of coffee. 
At the angle mom was sitting you were turned and looking almost exactly how I looked in the photo with my dad.

Mom sent me the photo and with the grace of Apple I was able to make a side-by-side comparison in a matter of moments. Uncanny!

The comparisons didn't end here. We pulled out childhood photos of your mom to look at as well. 

I think for the photo above it was the angle that threw mom into her Deja Vu  moment. And the resemblance is there but looking through her photos, you take a lot from your mom as well. 

I showed you the photo below and asked you  "Who is in this picture?" to which you pointed to mom and said "Aya!" 


Not only are you a good mix of the both of us facially, you really take after mom in your mannerisms. Her facial expressions especially. As we looked through the photos I kept seeing a lot of you in the looks she had on her face.

I don't have the photo scanned but there was one in particular where she was sitting at the table and her look of concentration is spot on with yours.

And, since I have some photos pulled up, here is a few of your mom when she was a baby. Believe it or not, we were young once, too. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment