Thursday, January 23, 2014

Today Ava Was So Happy!

We've been spoiled to have one of the happiest babies on Earth but today it was a whole new level. 

From the moment I picked you up at Marissa's to the time you laid your head down to sleep nothing was bringing you down from your high. 

I tend to gauge how the evening and night will go based on the difficulty I have putting your coat when I pick you up. 

On a scale of 1 to 10, tonight was a 0. For a moment I thought you were running a fever. It was almost too easy. 

You just chatted up a storm while one arm went in its sleeve and happily gave me the other to repeat the process. 

When we got home, the good times continued. 



You entertained us in the basement for a little while by coloring, passing the ball to mom and me. Which, I might ad, you are becoming quite good at! Chest passes with thumbs down. Great form for a near-18 month old. 



When you decided you had enough, you made a break for the stairs and began your ascent back to the kitchen. 

I quickly gathered our things as mom followed you up the steps to make sure you didn't lose your footing. 

I came to the stairs with enough time to see you turn around and say "Daddy?" Once you were assured I was there you scrambled your way to the top. 

Nothing makes your mom and I happier than to hear you ask for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment