Thursday, January 2, 2014

Today Ava Made a New Face

A child's laugh, there's nothing sweeter.

I was in the kitchen - probably refilling my coffee - when I heard pure laughter coming from the living room.

Mom would laugh then you would follow suit. A second or two of silence, then the laughter would repeat. The good times were soon interrupted by mom calling me "Hun, you need to see this."

Not to cause any more of a distraction and ruin the moment I crept to the divide in the room and peered around so I could see the couch.

"Ava, make the face again" Mom asked. You scrunched your eye brows together and and opened your mouth as wide as it would go and stared at mom for a response. She pretended it was the funniest thing she'd ever seen and you repeated her giggles.



I used to believe that simply looking at a sleeping baby could bring peace to the word. My money is now on the innocent laughter of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment