Friday, January 31, 2014

Today Ava Missed Dad

At least I hope so because I sure missed you and your mom.

Again I was gone before you were up. Long before you were up. 

I flew out to New York this morning to cover the Merlin Olsen Luncheon in the city. It was a whirlwind day. As soon as the plane touched down I caught a cab for the time Warner Center at the southwest corner of Central Park. 

When the event was over I had a few hours to myself to explore before my flight home. 

I walked maybe 100yards into Central Park before saying forget it and hailing a cab back to the airport. 

Why didn't I walk around a little more and explore? Well, for one, I was by myself and it was rather boring to not have your mom to talk to and sight see with and you to chase around. And two, I had heavy camera equipment slung over my shoulder in a duffel bag.

Looking around while on the ride to the airport I saw a mom with a little girl in tow walking down the sidewalk. The little girl was about your age and bundled up in a snowsuit and snow boots. Seeing the pair go down the street  made me want to get home that much quicker. You're growing up so fast and I don't want to miss a minute of it. 

I couldn't leave you for the day on business and not bring you back some sort of souvenir, right? 

At one of the trinket shops at LaGuardia airport I picked you up a little something. 

 
By the time my flight landed and I got home, you were fast asleep (on my side of the bed). 

I'll let you try on your hat in the morning. I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment