Thursday, January 16, 2014

Today Ava Was So Happy!

From the moment I picked you up from Marissa's to the moment you decided it was bedtime you were just pure joy.

I love seeing you this happy. It makes mom and I smile.

You let me put your coat on while you just sat there and chatted away. How smoothly the coat goes on is my litmus test for how the rest of the night will go. Not always accurate, but close most of the time. 

You're naturally a happy baby and we're thankful for that, but tonight was over the top. If I were to fast forward 15 years I'd of thought you were playing me to get some money or my okay to go on a date (don't ever expect the latter).


Being that it's too cold outside to go anywhere or do anything, we stayed in and did our normal routine of spending some time in the basement. Coloring books, your Minnie Quad, you name it and we played with it. A total ball of energy. 


You let us know when you were done by breaking for the steps and making your way back upstairs.

Mom and I hurriedly gathered our things and she watched you while I fed the fish for the night. 

I got to the steps in time to see you hesitate, turn around and say "Daddy?" 

Mom assured you I was coming. Satisfied, you continued your ascent.

After a bottle it was off to our room to lay down for the night.

Words are failing me right now to properly describe your mood, but I'll remember this night and your zest for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment