Friday, January 24, 2014

Today Ava Counted To Eleven

This afternoon we reached another milestone in your young life. Mom sent me a text that said you counted to eleven ... by cutting out the middle numbers. 

I'll never condone cheating but right now you don't know any better.

My story today begins as many of them do .. with a text from your mother. 

Shortly after sitting at my desk I see "Ava's vocabulary is exploding" come across my phone. I pressed for a littl emore detail and Mom responds with "Mommy. Butter needs away." 

I was stunned.  I know you're advancing in leaps and bounds, but I wouldn't have expected short sentences yet.

Yum yum in the tum tum.
Our conversation went back and forth for a minute when she hit me with aforementioned numerical stunner.

The convo continued with "And she also keeps saing 1-2-3-9-10-11 not sure where the big numbers come from." 


Curious, she sent Marissa a message asking if she were working with Liv on her numbers and explained why she asked. Marissa replied telling your mom that she's working with Liv on spelling her name but she says "O-L-9-10-11."

And there's the origin on your numbers. 

I thought I had at least another six to eight months before I needed to seriously watch my words around you. I guess I was wrong. 

When I got home from work mom explained to me a little more about the numbers. She was sitting at the dining room table doing a little work while you played when you went underneath the table and began counting. 

1-2-3 is an old hat for you but the 9-10-11 caught your mom's attention. She said she looked under the table to see you counting the screws that holds the table legs in place. You pointed to each and counted as you went; 1-2-3-9-10-11. 

You're incredible.


No comments:

Post a Comment