Friday, January 17, 2014

Today Ava Refused to Sit In Her Booster Seat

This isn't the first time this has occurred, but it felt like a good day to let you know about your ill-will towards high chairs and booster seats. 

Bed hog ^^^

Mom and I can't figure out why this began but about a week or so ago you stopped sitting in your seats. We ordered a booster seat for the dining roo mtable thinking that if you were at are level, sitting in the same chairs we were sitting in, that you'd feel like a big girl and enjoy it. 

We were sorely wrong. 

After a quick back and forth between mom and I  ... "What do you want for dinner tonight?" "Eh, I dunno, you?" And a raid of the pantry we all sat down to dine on an exquisite meal of Aldi brand sloppy joe's. Heck, we didn't even have buns in the pantry so it was a-la wheat bread. I know, healthy, right? 

Understanding your love for beef - aside from snacks, cow is about all you'll eat at this point in life - I saved some before adding the sloppy joe sauce to the browned meat. 

You were eating every last morsel, that is, until I urged mom to try and sit you in your booster seat. "Do you think we should? She's actually eating." asked mom. "I think so, she has to learn. We can't keep giving in." I said. 

Wrong answer ... let me put it in writing ... your mom was right.I repeat, you were right, dear. Whew, that was tough to admit, but there, I said it. 

You stiffened up like a board until mom caught you in a moment of weakness and was able to get you seated and buckled in. With that, the screaming and water works began. 

After a minute or two, we caved and got you out of your chair but by this time  al momentum with your eating was lost and you wanted down. 

I wish you could tell us why you won't sit in your chairs and why we have to hold you for each meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment