Sunday, January 12, 2014

Today Ava Pigged Out

When you eat, it's noteworthy. 

We've struggled for a few weeks now to get you to eat regularly. You'll devour the salty stuff, veggie straws, pretzel sticks and cheese crackers, but a homemade meal ... not a chance. 

Uncle Kris tipped me off to an excellent rib roast recipe that we decided to try. Admittedly I overcooked it a bit, I know you're shocked. When you read this you'll know and appreciate my culinary skills. 

My transgression aside, we offered some of the roasted red skin potatoes. "No." 

Maybe a forkful of sweet corn? "No."

It turns out you have caviar taste on a SPAM budget. We were down to our ace in the hole, the prime rib. Mom sliced a few small bites and you devoured them. A couple more, sucked up like a vacuum cleaner. 

You ate, and ate and ate. 

You were eating it so quickly that mom didn't have a chance to eat her own meal. I finished my portion and took over for mom so she could eat. 

Your assault on the roast continued from my lap. I was beginning to worry we might run out of meat but your belly soon filled and you wanted down. 

For your efforts at the dinner table, mom took you on a victory lap:


If only we could get you to sit in your booster seat or high chair ...

No comments:

Post a Comment