Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Today Ava Spelled Her Name

It's time for bed, 10:30 p.m. to be exact. If you stay up any later tonight, you'll be up longer than me, which out of principle I can't let happen. 

I suppose this is our punishment for not getting you down for a nap until almost 5:00 O'clock. 

Mom scooped you up and took you back to our room to lay down. As I was shutting off the lights and making sure there were no toys or stuffed animals in my path for the morning, I came across a subtle hint for tonight's entry.

I had to laugh because earlier in the evening mom and I had a short convo about just this, hints and my inability to pick up on them.

She was flipping through the guide on the TV and the movie "Superbad" was playing. Mom and I watched this movie one of the first time's we ever hung out prior to dating. She told me about how I missed all of her hints. Unbeknownst to me, she was inching closer and closer as we sat and watched the movie. What did I do? Apparently I moved further and further away, clueless to her advances. 

What's my take on that night? I forgot how vulgar the movie was and figured I ruined what minimal chance I had at a relationship with her. Funny how things work out. 

Well, I wasn't about to miss the hint this time, no matter how in my face it is! So, we'll let you know about how you spelled your name tonight. First name that is, it's three letters and two are the same. 

You're smart, so if we start now maybe by the end of '14 we'll get the wholesome Deutsche namen for "Watchman."

Mom was sitting with you on the couch while you scribbled on the Magna Doodle Aunt Casey gave you for Christmas. Soon, you handed mom the stylus and watched her write and draw. She drew hearts and stars and A-B-C and 1-2-3, working hard to get you to repeat them. Star and heart are now part of your vocabulary. 

Not long after she switched it up to A-V-A. You couldn't have been more excited to repeat those letters! And when she asked you what it spells, you said "Aya." The "v" is a tough one. As you'll see in the video below, you can enuncuate it very well singularly, but when put into a word - your name - it comes out sounding like "yuh." 


Not to worry, we know exactly what you're saying! 

I hope you find this same joy in learning for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment