Monday, January 13, 2014

Today Ava Had a thing For McGee

Poor kitty. He was your sole focus tonight. 

You were a fun little ball of energy when I picked you up at Marissa's today and it continued when we got home. 

Cookie and McGee greeted us at the steps and I'm pretty sure both, especially McGee, immediately regretted their decision.

As soon as he caught your eye all I heard was "Mi-Tee, Mi-Tee!, Mi-Teeeeee!!!"

You wanted out of my grasp so badly that it took everything I had to not drop you as we came up the stairs. When we got to the top I set you down and quite literally you hit the ground running. 

If I could speed up time and add wacky Benny Hill-type music it would have been a scene from a movie. Under the dining room table, through the living room and eventually into the office you followed him, grasping at air as you reached for his tail when you got close enough and he took off again. 

Eventually the big man was cornered in the office. He found what he thought was a safe spot behind the wooden biplane and wedged between the wall and rocker. That was only a minor setback for you. As I watched you surveyed the surroundings and within a minute were able to get to him. 

With all this energy needing a good release (and McGee needing a breather) I decided we could go to the mall so you could be free for a little bit. 


I needed to fire off a quick email before we left and that was just enough time for you to offer McGee his food dish. I heard something heavy hit the kitchen floor and in a moment of panic looked over to see you in front of McGee picking up his dish again and following him into the living room trying to offer him an empty plate. 

A few moments later we were off the the mall to blow off some steam. After a lap, a sandwich at Steak Escape, some time at the coin operated rides and a few trips up and down the Sears escalator wee made our way back home. It was like deja vu when we got home. We weren't even out of the truck yet when I heard "Mi-tee?" 

Poor fella. He might be as skinny as Cookie by the time you're done with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment