Saturday, January 4, 2014

Today Ava Insisted on Sweeping

What transpired this evening is far and away one of the funniest things I've witnessed in my 32 years. 

We missed your afternoon nap again as mom had a game in Norwayne. I admit, you and I could have stayed home and I could have gotten you back to a normal nap schedule but I enjoy taking you to mom's games. I enjoy supporting her and watching them, and though you don't see much, I like to think you do too. 

Get your popcorn ready!
Needless to say, you were exhausted and fell asleep rather quickly on the drive home.

Thinking you'd be out for just a short while mom laid down on the couch with you. Let's fast forward another two hours.

Mom had wiggled herself out from under you and in the meantime you began to rustle a little bit. We thought the nap would soon be over, but you just needed to reposition. Have a look below.


We got you back onto the couch and laying down but suddenly you popped your head up ad excitedly said "sweep!" Well that was random.

We were dumbfounded. Did she say what we think she just said? You were now awake and after asking to be let down from the couch continued your desire for us to sweep. "Sweep! Sweep!" we heard over and over until you got your way. 

We cleaned up the living room floor and mom pulled out the vacuum while you pointed to the closet and continued to voice your desire to sweep. 

After vacuuming the floors you said "All done!"

Something tells me you won't mind earning your allowance.

No comments:

Post a Comment