Thursday, June 12, 2014

Today Ava Asked "Why?"

"Yeah, she started saying that today" Mom told me as we were all in the kitchen trying to narrow down our dinner options.

"What?" I asked.


"Why?" your mom responded.

Then it dawned on me that you did ask "why?" when we were all standing there. I heard it loud and clear it just didn't register.

And now we embark on a new era. 

Coaching ain't easy!

You're so good at repeating everything we say that sometimes I get lost in the new words of your vocabulary. 

There's nothing better than hearing that sweet inquisitive voice. 

You'll learn life lessons as you get older and one that I wish I realized early on was to never stop asking questions. You won't always get the answer you seek or expect, but never let that discourage you.

Don't be me - the quiet kid in class that never spoke up. Now in my thirties, I'm finally speaking up and asking questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment