Monday, June 30, 2014

Today Ava Played Hide And Seek With Me

The day began exactly how last night ended, with you standing in front of the TV watching Mickey with mom's tank top on. 


Don't get any ideas for the future, as long as I'm vertical you won't be going out in public like this!

You and mom met me at the Hall of Fame after work to enjoy a concert courtesy of the United States Army Field Band - Concert Band & Soldiers' Chorus. 

The music was great, but it was a hot one and you really wanted nothing to do with it, burying your head in my shoulder trying to get out of the sun. 

Afterwards we stopped at the Kustard Korner for a cone and once you were cooled off you were back to your normal self, making friends with everyone you saw. 

A chocolate cone at 8:30 p.m. may not have been our wisest choice because at 9:15 or so we began playing a game of chase and hide and go seek. 

"Daddy run floor" you said with those puppy dog eyes. "Ready, set, go!" quickly followed. 

When I didn't get up fast enough and run the puppy dog eyes turned into a stern growl with arms being thrust to your sides. 

"Ready, set, go!" you repeated. 

I knew you meant business so I ran around the rooms with you in tow. 

After a few laps I stopped to catch my breath but you didn't think I deserved it. 

"Daddy run floor" you said while pointing in the direction you wanted me to go. 

Again it was followed by "ready, set,go!" 

I took off but this time picked up my speed and ran down the dark hallway to turn this into a game of hide and seek. 

From my vantage point behind out bedroom door I could see you coming down the hallway giggling. 

You peered into our room and looked into the darkness, satisfied that I wasn't there you went to your room to look. 

I called for you when you walked away trying to coax you back into the room. Soon you grew impatient and went back to mom in the living room asking "where daddy go?" 

I snuck back to the living room and surprised you. Following a shriek you asked me to run again. 

We played a few more rounds - I even let you find me a few times - before deciding that it was getting late and you needed to settle down for bed. 

Surprisingly I was able to get PJs on you - not mom's tank - with little fuss. 

Here's to hoping our little games wore you out enough for a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment