Thursday, June 19, 2014

Today Ava Had A Sugar Rush

"Never again ... never again" mom said as I peeked my head into our room to see if you were sleeping yet. 

You had just shut your eyes but when you heard me you popped up and continued to pinball off the walls. 

Mom took you home after my first game tonight so you could get to bed at a decent hour. I said my goodbyes and good nights to you and watched the two of you get into the car. 

Following our second game I checked the time on my phone and was greeted with this photo:

 

"Still not sleeping" was the message attached to the image with a time stamp of 10:05 p.m.

"She's wound for some reason" I thought after chuckling about the photo. Time to head home and see what the deal is. 

"Two cake pops, a cookie and M&Ms" Mom said as you ran from our bedroom down the dark hall. 

That explains the flustered "never again."

I'm on board with that. It's now 10:45 p.m. and you're going strong. 

I met mom and Karen at Starbucks right after work so I could bring you home while they went on a showing. 

You were about halfway done with a cake pop, to which I would find out later was your second one. 

Not wanting to go home right away and with plenty of time to kill before my games, we went to the mall to walk around. 

We picked up a cute dress at Sears and and on the way out of the mall sat down for a cookie. 


When we got home I saw that mom had decorated the chalkboard how we had discussed so I setup the lights and put you in your dress for a few photos. 

It's time for the big announcement. 



We can now let the world know you'll be a big sister! 

You cooperated wonderfully for the photos and then it was time for a quick change so we could go to the park. 

Getting our game faces on!
I could see you guys behind the dugout from my spot at first base and when I came back in from an inning noticed you munching on M&Ms. Never once did I give thought to the effect all of that sugar would have on the rest of the evening ...

No comments:

Post a Comment