Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Today Ava Expressed Girl Power

The tide is shifting ... 

"Who's my girl?" I periodically ask and the response is always "Ava." 

When I follow it with "Who's Ava?" you always say "Me." 

Well, I'm beginning to wonder if I have an ally anymore? 

Tonight as I pulled you up to the recliner to sit with me for your bottle of milk like we do every night you said "No, sit mommy!" 

Hold up ... what? 

I glanced over and mom's beaming. 

"You want to sit with mom?" I asked. 

"Yeah" you replied as you slid down the foot of the recliner, bottle in mouth, and ran over to her. 

 What happened to my girl? 

As you sat there with mom she jokingly said "Girls rule!" To which you repeated the same while looking in my direction.

"Boys drool" mom continued. 

"Yeah, boys drool." you repeated while still looking my way. 

"Girl power, Ava!" mom prompted you as she held two fingers up. 

"Girl power." you said as mom worked with you to get two fingers in the air. 


I'll remember this when you ask me for my wallet the first time. 

I do want to share one other video. I've mentioned it before, but you are fearless. Prior to your feminist lesson tonight you were taking huge leaps - or as you said "I do big jump" - from the couch. 

Over and over and over. 


The ER might know us by name soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment