Friday, June 20, 2014

Today Ava Hung Out With Grandma


"I did tell you my mom was coming in today to watch Ava, right?" mom asked me as I was getting ready for work this afternoon. 

"Nope" I replied, chalking the oversight up to pregnancy brain. 

 Soon thereafter I was out the door in hopes of a speedy day to bring on the weekend.

The clock always seems to spin faster when there's a lot on the plate and before I knew it I was walking back in the door. 

I came in and you were sitting on the floor with mom while she was chatting with Grandma. You ran up and gave me a big hug - which I've come to enjoy as much as when you would greet me at the top of the steps each day. 

After making general conversation I found out that you slept for most of the day. Four hours to be exact. 

Maybe I should change the title of this entry to "... napped with Grandma."

Mom can normally get you down for two to two and a half hours whereas I'm lucky if you'll sleep for 45 minutes for me. 

Four hours?!? I immediately feared we'd be in for another night like last night. 

Luckily you hadn't had any sugar that I was aware of. 

I need to learn Grandma's secret to getting you down for a good long nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment