Sunday, June 8, 2014

Today Ava Experimented With Body Art (Again)

Today began with a 7:00 a.m. picnic, followed by an art session, hard nap, and concluded with a little cheese (sorry, you have exactly 19 years and 2 months until you can enjoy wine with that cheese). 

"Downstairs?" I heard as you looked up at me with those big brown eyes and sly little grin. 

"You want to play downstairs?" 

"Okay!!!"

It's never too early for a picnic, right?

Still in our PJs we headed to the basement to play with the clock barely falling into the 7 O'Clock hour. 


Our fun was interrupted by a necessary diaper change which was met with cries of "Nakey Ava?" 


I caved on the request in an effort to keep you a little quieter as mom slept. 

Since you were already striped down to your diaper I brought your high chair and paints out to the living room for a little portrait session. 

Everything started out okay, but somewhere along the line the paint spilled from the canvas to your tummy ...


... and then your arm. 


But hey - we just let you go so you can explore your creative side. Maybe you're on to a new genre of artistic expression?


A quick dip in the tub to rinse off then it was time to meet the day head on. 

And by head on, I mean head on my shoulder. 


Mom was scheduled to work an open house with Karen but had double-booked herself with that and basketball camp. 


I told her we'd go hang out with Karen to keep her company while mom she took care of her basketball obligations. I hung out while you slept. 

From the moment we pulled up to the house until about five minutes before it concluded you were out like a light.


As the day turned into night and we were all lying around the house relaxing I laughed when I looked over to see you practicing good hand-eye coordination. 


One hand in the bowl of cheese cubes with your eyes trained on the iPad and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Impressive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment