Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Today Ava Had a Steel Trap For a Memory

Sometimes the smoke pours from my ears as I try to recall what I did ten minutes ago, which is why I started this journal for you. I don't want to forget the ups, the downs, the laughter and the tears of raising you. And I want you to be able to better share in those memories with us as we all grow older. 

After what you displayed today, a blog won't be necessary for you to recall your childhood. You're storing everything internally quite well. 


There was two instances tonight in which you amazed me. 

The first was at PetSmart. We ran a few errands before mom got home tonight and while we were in line to purchase our fish food a couple with a very pretty husky got in line behind us. 

I pointed the pup out to you and you said "Big puppy" a couple times and then out of the blue followed it up with "like Kylah." 

Say what? Like Kylah? 

"Yeah, big puppy, like Kylah." 

I could certainly see the similarity in the two but that surprised me. 

You haven't seen or heard about Kylah for at least a few months.

I was floored. 

Then, once mom got home we quickly ran out to get some cheap gas in the Mazda before the price went up - all of the stations except for the one down the street jumped to $3.95 today. This station was still at $3.59. 

After we fueled up we made a quick pit stop at Taco Bell so mom could get a little dinner. She forgot her wallet on her way to Strasburg for summer ball so she was a little on the hungry side when she got home. 

As we were waiting in the drive through we both heard "Uncle Dees has grey hair." 


Well that was random, but again showed your tremendous memory. 

Earlier in the week Keith called me in a panic to explain that he found grey hair in his beard and how serious of an issue it was. 

I tried to get you to say "Uncle Dees has grey hair" but you didn't oblige. Until now. 

Just amazing kiddo. That little mind of yours is going to take you places!

No comments:

Post a Comment