Thursday, June 5, 2014

Today Ava Went Belly-First

We had some time to kill tonight before softball while mom was taking a CEU course. So what did we do? You guessed it, we went to the park!

This time, we just went to Martindale Park so you could slide and toss rocks. It's closer to home so I knew we could enjoy more time there. 

I tried my best to talk you into the tall slide but my coaxing was only met by pursed lips and a violent shake of the head. Okay then the short slide it is.


A few times down and you asked to swing.



I would be remiss if we came to this park and didn't toss rocks into the water. So, off to the bridge we strolled. 



Soon, though, it was back to the slides where now there was another little boy your age who was daring enough to go down the tall slide. 

I think a little of your mom's competitive nature came out today as you followed him right up the steps to the big slide and down you went! 


You must not like to be shown up. 

Up and down you went, asking "again?" each time you got to the bottom. 

I'd pick you up and set you on the landing and you'd climb up and come zooming right down past me as I stood beside the slide.

This was our routine until one time I looked up to see you laying flat on your tummy trying to pull yourself over the cusp of the slide.


I took your hand and gently pulled you forward to begin your descent. 


You loved it. the giggles were contagious. 

"Again?!?" you excitedly asked.

Of course, again!

See what you can accomplish when you face your fears head on?

No comments:

Post a Comment