Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Today Ava Was My Lunch Date

Mom had to take care of a closing on one of her properties this morning which meant that we got to hang out on my lunch hour.

We had one mission before to handle before we got to play, we had to run to the mall and pick up mom's anniversary gift. 

I can read everyone's mind at this moment "He waited until the last minute?!?" That's not entirely true. 

I had everything picked out and knew what I wanted to get, I just hadn't had the chance to go pick it up without mom catching on. 

When she told me she had a closing today and that I would need to watch you on my lunch hour I asked her if she could drop you off at the Hall of Fame. She told me that would actually work out for the best. I was relieved because I knew we'd have plenty of time to run our errand. 

It only took a few minutes of our time together and once we got back to the HOF you asked for lunch. 

We went down to the cafe, ordered our food, and took it upstairs to one of the conference rooms. 

Telling me you were hungry I really expected you to eat more. You tasted the cheese sauce for your pretzel, turned your nose up at my sandwich, munched on some potato chips and ate half of a pickle. 

Nutritious lunch ...

A few minutes later mom called to tell us she was on her way back to come get you. 

We made our way through the museum but stopped to cheese it up near the Vince Lombardi Trophy. 


Anytime we tell you to cheese it up, this is the face we get. Love it!

After work Jenna came over to babysit for us and mom and I headed to our traditional anniversary dining spot - The Melting Pot in Lyndhurst. 

We enjoyed a minute of FaceTime with you from the restaurant and even received a Happy Anniversary video. 


We arrived home just a few minutes past 10:00 p.m. and found you comfortable sound asleep on the couch. 

We thanked Jenna who said you were very well behaved then scooped you up to take you to bed. 

All in all, it was another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment