Sunday, June 1, 2014

Today Ava Let Me Be A Kid Again

You fell asleep on my shoulder towards the end of Mass today and were out like a light for the next three hours.

We made it through the transfer to the car and from the car to the crib without you even batting an eye. You must have been exhausted because that's not an easy task.

While you slept mom and I did some yard work, mainly I mowed and she did the trimming. With a temp slate to get into the low 80s we thought it would be a perfect day to get your pool out.

After the grass was cut we brought your pool to the back yard and filled it up, hoping that you would nap long enough to let the sun warm the water.

I never heard you wake up, but mom popped up and went down the hall and moments later returned with you in her arms.

"Oh McGeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Much like mom, you're slow to wake but once you snap out of it, you're ready to go!

It took a few minutes but we coaxed you into eating some yogurt, and more yogurt, and more yogurt.

Five Moo Tubes later you were ready to hit the water.

Mom and I enjoyed the rays for a while as you splashed in the water and went down your slide.


As you started to wind down for the afternoon I thought we'd have a little more fun.

I took my cell phone out of my pocket and placed it, along with my wallet, on the patio table. My only regret is that I forgot to take my belt off.

You know what's coming next.  

I climbed up the slide - quite surprised the little thing can support my 230 lb. frame - and went feet first, jeans and all, into the pool at the bottom.

It had the desired effect as you giggled and hopped around in excitement.

Mom said "you know you're going to have to go down the slide ten more times now that you've done it once."

Oh I knew. You like repetition. 

We took turns going up and down the slide! Feet first, face first, it didn't matter. we were smiling the whole time. 

If there's ever advice I could offer you as you grow up it would be that no matter how old you get, live life through the eyes of a child. 

I'm doing my best to remember that each day and you know what, those days that I remember to do so are some of the best days of my first 32 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment