Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Today Ava Refused To Take Off The Gloves

This post really could be broken up into three separate entries, but before I comment on the gloves, let me talk a little about potty training.

It's quietly been our goal to have you out of diapers by your second birthday and today was our first real attempt at making that goal a reality. 

After your bath mom put you in some big girl "unnies" for you to get used to the feel. 

Soon thereafter you peed all over the floor. 

I wish I could be there to help more, but unfortunately unless we work hard on the weekends, the bulk of potty training will fall on mom when she's home with you during the day.

After about 6 accidents on the floor and "look mom, I made an A" comment, it was back to diapers. 

All of this info was relayed to me via text while I was at work and like I said. I wish I could help more. 

Soon, it was time to meet you and mom at the doctor's office for her check up. We were really excited to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time and even more excited that you'd be able to share in the moment with us. 

While waiting for the nurse practitioner to come into the room, you fell asleep on my shoulder. I guess that's what happens when you wake up at 5:30 a.m. 



So, you slept through the whole thing. Not to worry - like we did with your heartbeat - we recorded your siblings as well. 

So without further adieu here is the first time we all heard your siblings heartbeat:


When mom was pregnant with you we began a tradition of stopping by Robek's for a smoothy after each appointment. It's a tradition we're continuing and now making you a part of. 


Though you slept through this as well, not waking up until you were back in your car seat. Maybe next time you'll be a little more into it.  

After work, I met you and mom outside the Hall of Fame so she could drop you off and head to her scheduled showings. 

When I looked in the backseat of the Mazda I saw you dressed in a cute yellow romper - one that mom is justified in bragging about that she paid less than $2 for lat summer - and a pair of pinkish/purple sunglasses. But what really caught my attention was your other accessories - the blue gardening gloves.

I looked at mom when I noticed them and she kind of shrugged her shoulders. I asked you if we could take them off and you said no. 

Okay then. 

We both gave mom a kiss goodbye then thought about what we wanted to do with the afternoon. 

It's touching 90 degrees so I'm thinking something outside. I asked you and got a soft "Yeah." 

You seemed a little tired and mom did comment that you were almost asleep again. 

Stadium Park is right around the corner and seemed like the perfect idea. 

We did some swinging ...



And some sliding ...


All with the blue Mickey gardening gloves on. 

The gloves didn't come off until you realized you couldn't hold your ice cream cone with them on.



You did amazingly well with your cone. I was the only one that dripped any onto myself. 

I can see your mom reading this and shaking her head while saying 'Is that really a surprise?"

No, not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment