Sunday, June 22, 2014

Today Ava Spoke A Sentence

Mind and mouth came together today for a brilliant show of force. 

You'll speak a sentence or two when prompted. "Ava, do you like McGee?" 

"I like McGee" you'll respond.

Moments like that happen frequently, or there's the time when you were half-asleep on my chest and popped up to say "I love you, daddy" before your head fell back to my chest. 

There are times when you'll want so badly to tell us something and we can see that your mind is working but the words just aren't there. You'll say the words you know, then struggle a bit whenthe ones you don't know won't roll off your tongue.

We'll do out best to encourage you and try and finish what we think you're telling us and repeat the words slowly so you can learn them.

But when mom told me what happened this evening, I was amazed. 

We spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa Fenner's and got home in the late afternoon. 

 
I came in, changed, and headed back out to mow the yard. 

I got through one side of the house, finished the backyard and hill and started on the last side of the house when I looked up to see you waving at me from the back yard. I love it. 

You and mom watched as I finished the yard, waving to me as I progressed. 

When we were done mowing I snapped together the storage container we purchased at Menards on the way home from Shelby while mom trimmed a few of the low branches on the walnut and apple tree on the hill. 

While you held he garbage bag open (always so willing to help out with the chores!) and I tossed in the trimmings from the tree mom relayed the story of how you both ended up outside. 

It went like this: 

I started the mower underneath the deck and when you heard the telltale sound you held your hand up to your ear and said "I hear daddy mowing!" 

As if that wasn't awesome enough you followed it up with "Come on, let's go see him!" 

You're mind is a sponge and amazes me more and more each day.

I can't wait to hear what you're going to tell me tomorrow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment